Beyond the Highland Mist (The Highlander Series, Book 1) - Karen Marie Moning Finally I meet one of the highlanders. It was good . Not on the level of the fever series but good . The hawk was great and I think I'm starting to see my gr buddy Vika's fascination with kilts! They definitely come in handy. I did have a little bit of a problem with Adrienne ,the mc ,though. For someone who is sent back to the 1500's without her knowledge she sure does seem Blaise about it. I mean I get her point about how life was different back then and whimsical ,more romantic and men were built by hard work not like the model meatheads ,who count calories and have tanning bed reward cards ,but I would miss my hot showers,my blow dryer and (since she was from the 1990's) friends and Seinfeld ! I also didn't like how she just assimilated with their accent. She's from New Orleans ! Even if she does speak three languages I don't see it going that seamlessly but other than those things.The story is unique and 'the hawk' is swoon worthy. So I'm going to continue with series with hope that the next one gets better. So onto the next.